Are you planning to switch over to an air mattress as the sleeping material for your next outdoor trip? Or you only want to change your old bedding to a better one?
Whatever your case might be, we have your back.
Here at SleepChill, we believe an air mattress is a must-have when it comes to all forms of outdoor rendezvous.
Talk about the ease of carrying it in your backpack. Even if your camping trips are usually with a vehicle, you cannot overlook the space-saving feature an air mattress offers.
But you can only enjoy these benefits if you choose the right product.
With the high number of mattresses flooding the market, how do you ensure you go for the perfect product for you?We have surveyed the air mattress market and have come out with the top products for your camping needs.
Here are they:
1. Lightspeed Outdoors – Our Choice
Lightspeed Outdoors Air Mattress ensures you enjoy sound sleep while you are out camping.
The air mattress is firm and has a built-in valve and battery-operated pump that allows you to adjust the firmness as you would like.
The air mattress is big enough to accommodate two adults, so you do not have to worry about an extra mattress while camping with your partner.
The mattress features a single cap valve, which makes it easy to inflate and deflate the mattress. It also features a storage bag that allows for easy package and carriage.
- The mattress is made with TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane), making the mattress light, sturdy, portable, and durable.
- The inflating process of this mattress is quick, easy, and stress-free.
- The built-in valve has a spring lock mechanism that helps direct airflow in the mattress.
- The mattress may start leaking after using the product for a while.
2. Coleman Air Mattress
One major feature that makes Coleman Air Mattress stand out is the 3-piece combo; it includes an air mattress, cot with side tables, and battery-powered pump.
It also features a sewn-in cover that ensures the mattress stays in place on the cot.
The two side tables have a compartment for easy storage of personal items, with cup holders to boost.
- The air mattress is raised off the ground, so you do not have to come in contact with the floor in any way. This ensures you don’t get sores or develop any kind of body aches while sleeping.
- The air mattress is strong, sturdy, and can hold up adults who are large in size.
- The air mattress is easy to set up.
- The air mattress is not long enough to conveniently accommodate a very tall adult.
- The mattress makes a lot of noise while you’re moving around on it and may tend to disturb your sleep.
3. ZOOBELIVES Airlive 3000P
ZOOBELIVES Airlive 3000P Air Mattress has a Dual Air Chamber structure (lower chamber and upper chamber) which increases the sturdiness, stability, and comfort level of the air mattress.
The lower chamber keeps you protected from the rough and wet conditions of the ground, while the upper chamber helps guide you against heat loss.
To inflate this mattress, all you have to do is foot stomp or hand press it; this makes the mattress one of the fastest mattresses to inflate and set up.
- The Airlive 3000P air mattress comes with an emergency repair patch.
- The mattress is made of strong 40-denier nylon, which guarantees durability and portability; it also makes the mattress lightweight.
- The mattress is thicker and wider than most air mattresses.
- The air mattress is difficult to inflate, and may not stay inflated for as long as it should.
4. Coleman Air Mattress
Coleman is known for making some of the best products for camping and outdoor activities, and this mattress is one of such. This mattress is extra high and this makes it easy for you to get in and out of bed.
The soft feel of the materials adds comfort to your sleep. The mattress comes with a carry bag and you can just fold and roll your mattress for easy storage.
It features a Double Lock valve that seals in the air and helps guide against air leaks. The mattress is sturdy and strong and can support weight up to 600lbs.
- The extra height and soft feel of the mattress make the mattress really comfortable to sleep in.
- This mattress lasts longer than most air mattresses.
- The bed comes highly recommended for the aged and people with sensitive skin.
- This mattress does not come with a pump, so you may need to get one separately.
5. Sleepingo Camping Sleeping Pad
Sleepingo Camping Sleeping Pad is thick, lightweight, portable, and durable. The super sturdy quality of the mattress makes it easy for you to sleep in, in any comfortable position.
The sleeping pad can be packed down to the size of a water bottle and can easily be stored away in a backpack. As lightweight as the material is, it is super strong.
The camping pad is designed with interconnected air cells and has an R-value of 2.1, which ensures you stay warm at night.
- Sleepingo Camping Sleeping Pad is water and rip-resistant, so it’s safe from punctures that may be caused by twigs and rocks, and perfect for rough terrains and weather conditions.
- The air mattress is also very easy to store, clean, and carry wherever you go.
- At a relatively cheap price, you get the best features of an air mattress.
- The mattress has longevity issues and as such, may not last long.
The POWERLIX air mattress has a special hexagon design that provides utmost comfort when you sleep.
It also features thermal insulation that is sure to keep you warm on cold nights, and this adds to the comfort you are already sure to get from the air mattress. POWERLIX air mattress has dual action air valves, which means the mattress is easy to inflate and deflate at will.
The mattress also comes with 2 repair kits, an inflating bag, and a patch kit.
- You get an inflating bag, which can be used as a vacuum laundry bag, a pillow, or a backpack.
- The sleeping pad fits easily into your backpack and is so lightweight, so you don’t feel tired or weary from carrying it around all day.
- The air cushioning effect of this air mattress is great, so you will not feel any bumps on the ground as you sleep.
- The air in the mattress leaks.
INVOKER air mattress is a high-quality mattress made of 20D Nylon and TCU plastic. This makes the air mattress waterproof and rip-
resistant and can withstand bad weather conditions. With this sleeping pad, you can assume any sleeping position and be sure to stay comfortable all night long.
This is because the air cells support your body, and the sturdy structure of the material will provide adequate support and comfort. The item features a built-in foot pump, and with it, you can inflate your sleeping pad in about 30 seconds.
- The air mattress comes with an attached pillow.
- You get a lifetime warranty when you purchase this product
- The INVOKER air mattress is slightly raised at the sides, and this helps protect your body shape.
- The air inlet valve is not as strong as it should be.
- The material of the mattress is slick, so it may shift around a lot.
8. KLYMIT INSULATED STATIC V
The V-Shaped design of KLYMIT sleeping pad helps you sleep well on whatever side you desire. The design also keeps you at the center of the pad as you sleep.
The air mattress has klymalite synthetic insulation that helps you stay warm all through the night.
The product comes with a stuff sack, which you can pack the mattress in, and a patch.
- The mattress is firm and solid.
- The pad inflates fast and easily.
- It is lightweight and can be rolled into a cylindrical shape for storage.
- The mattress has an R-value of 4.4 and will protect you from the cold at night and during winter.
- The patch kit included in the package will come in handy during emergencies.
- The valve sticks straight up, so you might encounter it while you sleep at night
- The product is a bit costlier than other air mattresses.
- The sleeping pad may slip while you sleep.
- The valve of the air mattress leaks, so the mat may not stay inflated all night.
9. Intex Dura-Beam Air Mattress
Intex Dura-Beam Air Mattress has some of the best features you could ever hope you find in an air mattress. The mattress has a built-in pillow, so you don’t have to worry about taking a pillow along while going camping.
The surface is soft and velvety, and this helps you have a better sleeping experience.
Its internal electric pump helps you inflate and deflate the mattress quickly and easily, and you can also make use of a manual pump.
The air mattress has a weight capacity of 600lbs and comes with a carry bag that allows for easy storage and transportation.
- The height of the air mattress is not too low and not too high
- The built-in self-inflating pump fills up the air mattress easily.
- The middle of the air mattress is higher than the sides and this makes it a little unstable.
10. Sable Queen Air Mattress
Sable Queen Air Mattress is eco-friendly and great for the outdoors. This model has been upgraded with an internal ring-like structure, which makes the bed stronger and provides better support.
The air mattress also has a raised design that looks like a pillow, so you don’t have to worry about your head and neck. The bottom of the bed is made with PVC which protects the mattress from punctures and scratches.
The material of the mattress will make minimal noise when you move, so you can be assured of peaceful sleep.
The Sable Air Mattress also features a built-in electric pump, which inflates and deflates quickly and easily.
- The plastic is really thick and is of high quality.
- The air mattress can conveniently accommodate two adults.
- The mattress is also very easy to clean.
- The air mattress does not come with a patch kit.
- The mattress may tear along the seams.
Things to consider when buying an air mattress for camping
Product weight is not something to toy with even if you’re more into RVing (RV camping).
With air mattresses, weight and comfort go hand in hand. If backpacking is your main thing, you need to look for the lightest of mattresses to make your hikes easier on your body.
But going light may mean you’ll need to sacrifice comfort since air mattresses tend to be more comfortable when they are heavier. We advise you to strike a balance.
A backpacker who spends considerable days in the woods will need to go light when it comes to the mattress so as to be able to pack enough supplies. But an RV camper may still go for a little more weight in search in the search for comfort.
Air mattresses are undeniably some of the best options for bedding when it comes to camping.
The convenience they offer. The comfort they afford users on uneven terrains. And the ease of setting up and packing, only a few products can match such benefits.
Listed above are the top air mattresses for both regular and occasional campers.