Bed sores are very uncomfortable and getting the right air mattress for it, can be frustrating. This is because you will need to check for the thickness, size and the extent of comfort the mattress will provide.
Before purchasing the best air mattress for bed sores, you’ll need to carry out a thorough study and examination of the ones available in the market.
But you don’t have to worry, this article is just for you. We have researched and compiled a detailed list of the best air mattresses you can get. They include their features, pros as well as cons. In addition, they are all perfect for soothing bed sores and also managing bed sores.
KingCamp Camping Air Bed
If you have bed sores or trying to prevent bed sores, then this KingCamp air mattress is for you. The air mattress is very comfortable and thick, and will certainly help you enjoy your sleep while you’re camping outdoors. This air mattress is wide enough to conveniently accommodate 2 adults and it features the battery operated air pump and built-in Boston valve air tap with which you can quickly and easily inflate and deflate the air mattress. A package of the product includes: Camping Mat (1), Carry Bag (1), Battery Pump (1), Repair Kit (1) and Banding Belts (2)
- This air mattress supports all pressure points of the body and is the perfect air mattress for you if you have bed sores or trying to avoid getting bed sores.
- The air mattress is lightweight, easy to pack and easy to carry.
- The pump is a bit weak and may not inflate the air mattress well.
Vive Alternating Pressure Mattress
The Vive Alternating Pressure Mattress has 16 individual air chambers, which helps evenly distribute weight across the mattress and this provides ultimate comfort and support. The mattress is thick, waterproof and latex-free and can support up to 320lbs. The mattress is designed to treat, prevent and manage bedsores and pressure spots, and with the pressure dial located on the pump, you can personalize the amount of air pressure to your taste and comfort. The mattress comes with an ultra-quiet pump, flexible air hose, replacement air pockets, patching kit, waterproof mattress cover and user manual.
- You can adjust the setting of the air pressure from soft to firm, as you would like.
- The pressure pump is quiet and is sure to provide you a restful sleep.
- The air mattress is not firm, and you may slide a lot on it.
KosmoCare Anti Decubitus Air Mattress
One special feature of the KosmoCare Air Mattress is that it provides variable pressure which automatically changes inflation every 12 minutes, which helps redistribute pressure in the air mattress . This feature plays a major role in treating and preventing bed sores. The KosmoCare Air Mattress is silent and will not disturb the patient while in use. The mattress is big enough to be folded in, so when it is placed directly on the bed, it will not slip out.
- The mattress is simple to install and operate.
- The mattress is quiet and users will not feel disturbed while it’s in use.
- The features of this mattress make it highly recommended for old people who are suffering from bed sores.
- The mattress needs constant power supply for air circulation.
- The puncture repair patch may not be included in the package.
DMI Convoluted Foam Bed Topper
The DMI Convoluted Foam Bed Topper is great for reducing and preventing pressure point stress and bed sores. You can make use of this mattress at home and in the hospital; it can also be used outdoors. The mattress is designed to provide great air circulation and weight distribution for maximum comfort and support. To use this foam bed topper, all you have to do is unroll the pad and allow it to sit for several hours. This way, the pad can expand to its maximum size.
- DMI Foam Bed Topper is lightweight and easy to pack, and will come in handy while travelling.
- The foam pad is thick enough to hold up the weight of a large adult.
- The foam pad is not as thick as advertised.
- It moves around on the bed and may slide off at some point.
Vaunn Egg Crate Mattress Topper
Vaunn Medical Egg Crate is recommended by doctors to provide stable and constant air circulation, while also treating and reducing bedsores and pressure wounds. The mattress topper has been designed to supply constant air flow, and it is made with hypoallergenic material for easy cleansing. Vaunn Mattress Topper is thick and dense, and will provide the kind of comfort you crave. In addition to this, the topper is soft and lightweight, with a cool surface that encourages peaceful sleep.
- This mattress topper helps improve blood circulation while evenly distributing weight.
- It has Cool Aeration Technology that helps reduce heat and regulate body temperature through the night.
- The hypoallergenic material of the mattress topper makes it environmentally friendly and safe to use.
- The mattress topper is quite small, and may not be comfortable for a tall person.
Vive Replacement Alternating Pressure Pad
The Vive Replacement Alternating Pad comes with a twin-sized pressure pad overlay, a patching kit and dual inflation tubes. The pressure pad is easy to place on any bed and it is made with a strong and long-lasting vinyl material that can support up to 300lbs of weight. The pressure pad features 130 individual bubble cells and flaps that allow for a secure fit to the bed. This particular pressure pad can be used with most pressure pumps around, those with standard 5mm connectors.
- This pressure pad is well known for its durability and sturdiness, more than most pressure pads.
- The pressure pad can be used with any standard pressure pump, making it easy to operate and use.
- The pressure pad is also easy to set up.
- The pressure pad does not fit and it may move from side to side on the bed.
Medical King Air Mattress
The Medical King Air Mattress is waterproof and heat-sealed, a perfect combination for air mattresses needed to treat and cure bed sores and pressure points. The air mattress is designed with 130 air cells and features different levels of air pressure which you can customize as you wish. The air mattress is thick and can conveniently hold up to 350lbs.
The Medical King Air Mattress is a registered medical device and can be used in hospitals and homes. The air mattress is also easy to fill up and makes no noise. The product comes with a flexible hose, 2 extra patches with glue and a high quality compressor.
- This air mattress is well priced and affordable.
- This product is highly recommended by medical experts for treating and preventing bed sores.
- The product comes in a comfortable storage box.
- It may leak slowly.
Bevel Medical Alternating Air Pressure Mattress
Here is another air mattress designed specifically to treat and cure bed sores and ulcers caused by prolonged bed rest. It has 130 individual air cells, heat sealed for the main purpose of distributing weight evenly and providing ultimate support. The air-filled channels alternate between filling up and decompressing; this is to keep bearing weight off certain areas and allow blood flow to reach all areas of the body. To power this air mattress, the power cord is attached directly to the pump. This air mattress is meant to be placed on an existing mattress or frame.
- The features of this air mattress make it a good choice, especially for old people.
- The air mattress is not as durable as other air mattresses around.
- The motor of the air mattress is loud and may disturb users from having a restful sleep.
Meridian Alternating Pressure Mattress
This alternating pressure mattress is made with high quality vinyl material; this material makes the pressure mattress easy to clean and maintain, extremely durable and waterproof. With the dial control feature, you can adjust the air pressure as you like; you get “soft” once you dial all the way left, “medium soft/medium firm” if the dial is in the middle, and “firm” once you dial all the way right. The head and foot flaps help secure the pressure mattress to the existing mattress and ensure it does not slip off. The pump system of this air mattress releases about 5 liters of air per minute with a 5 minute cycle time.
- The air mattress makes no noise and works well in relieving bed sores and ulcers.
- Meridian Alternating Pressure Mattress is easy to set up.
- The air mattress may not be as comfortable as other air mattresses around.
Vive Alternating Pressure Pad
The Vive Alternating Pressure Pad is another one of Vive’s creation, set to relieve bed sores, ulcers and pressure points. This pad is designed to be placed on top of another mattress, and 130 individually heat sealed air bubbles help ensure that weight is evenly distributed. A package of this product includes an alternating pressure pad, an alternating pressure pump, a flexible air hose, a patch kit and an easy to read manual.
- The weight distribution feature of this mattress makes it perfect for patients who can’t shift their weight frequently.
- The vinyl mattress can support up to 300lbs, so a large adult can sleep on this mattress comfortably.
- Air bubbles are heat-sealed, and this ensures that air does not leak out unnecessarily.
- The pressure pad may over-inflate and become hard. This means users may not feel so comfortable while sleeping on the pressure pad.
After going through this article, you will find that all the mattresses highlighted here are padded enough to comfortably support all the pressure points of the body. So you are definitely sure to feel utterly relaxed as well as feel no discomfort as you lay down.
In addition, they are all perfectly suitable for the sick, the well, the old and the young; because of the amount of comfort they provide. So, wait no more, hurry and go get any of the above best air mattresses for bed sores. Relax and watch as you enjoy your sleep, both indoors and outdoors.